February 5, 2008

Shamelessly Seeking Sponsorship: (or I'll wear your name on my butt if you give me money)


















Hello again! This post (as you can tell from the picture) is a shameless request for sponsorship from family and friends (and anyone else who has money burning a hole in his or her pocket). As I have started making arrangements for the trip, I have realized that my initial estimate of the expenses involved was woefully low. I anticipate spending approximately $6000 for this six week exchange program, and I am recognizing that I am a bit short of that sum currently. If you feel so inclined, a donation to my cause would be greatly appreciated. I will also be setting up a school supplies drive and fund raiser prior to leaving for Uganda in hopes of donating some much needed supplies to the schools that I will be working with. I will add another post soon with a link to another blog giving details on how you can support this fund raiser. I have set up an account with paypal, and by clicking on the button below, you can make a donation to the "Uganda Travel Fund" (a.k.a. Matt's plane ticket fund) using a credit card or bank account number. If you would like a public "thank you" on this blog, please note that with your donation. Thank you for your generosity and support!



Just an FYI--all of your donations ARE tax-deductible!

(Just a quick update...The peace talks in Juba have been extended through the end of February, so there is no military action yet. for more information on the peace process, check out Invisible Children's Newest Peace and Conflict Update.)

1 comment:

  1. Done. I want a picture of the tattoo. It will be a tattoo, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a public forum. Your comments will be visible to all readers of this blog.